Explanation Of The Symbolism Of Uyghuristan’s National Flag
• The blue colour (background) is taken from the color of the sky and is a predominant colour in Uyghur culture that represents the sky, essentially the blue represents the people of Uyghuristan.
• The blue color also comes from the flag of Köktürk Khaganate (Empire) and the colour has also been found on the flags of numerous Turkic empires and nation-states.
• The crescent represents the notion of being victorious (undefeatable) and is not necessarily an Islamic symbol, in-fact it was the Turks that introduced the crescent into the Islamic world.
• The star represents the Turkic nation, it is also found on the flag of the White Hun (Hephthalite) Empire and various other Turkic empires and states.
• It should also be noted that this Blue Flag was initially earned with the blood of over 250,000 martyrs who died in the path of liberation and independence for East Turkistan from Chinese occupation.
• The blue flag is the symbol of national independence and freedom for the people of Uyghuristan.